History of Redwood Engineering

The company was founded in 1951 by Peter Redwood, originally producing lapidary equipment, trout fly fishing reels and accessories under the name of Peter Redwood Ltd. In 1955 the company moved to our present location at 67 Carr Rd, Mt Roskill where our precision production workshop was set up, enabling us to grow and diversify. Peter retired in 1966 when his son Brian Redwood took over running the business.

In 1993 the company was re-branded Redwood Engineering Ltd and in 2014 Ruark Redwood (Brian's son) took over as Managing Director, continuing the family legacy of the company.

Today the company employs over 20 expert staff, occupies two buildings and has a wide range of top quality engineering machines for any precision production job.